CONCORD, CA (June 21, 2022) — Summer officially begins today with temperatures expected to reach 106 degrees in Concord. Please stay hydrated and cool.
- Drink water all day — don’t wait until you are thirsty
- Limit physical activity
- Keep shades drawn and blinds closed
- Wear loose-fitting cotton clothing
- Bring pets indoors or ensure they have shady spots; and make sure pets have plenty of fresh water
- NEVER leave pets or children unattended in a car
- Use fans and air conditioning, but be prepared for power outages
- Consider going to one of the following locations to cool off: shopping mall, library, coffee shop, movie theater, restaurant, senior/community center.
Contra Costa seniors and people with disabilities can find a list of cooling centers, but please call first to confirm hours of operations and to find out whether drop-ins are OK.
Check out these safety tips to learn more.