CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA (June 10, 2022) — The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for much of Contra Costa County for Friday, June 10, 11 AM to 10 PM. Follow tips to stay safe during hot weather and be sure to check on children, the elderly, and pets.
County Employment & Human Services Locations
See Tips and Places to Cool (PDF), including senior and community locations in the County. Vea Lugares para Refrescarse y Consejos (PDF), incluyendo ubicaciones para personas mayores y comunitarias en el Condado.
EHSD will be offering three public lobbies as Places to Cool tomorrow during regular business hours, between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Brentwood 151 Sand Creek Road, Suite A
- Richmond 1305 Macdonald Avenue
- Pleasant Hill 400 Ellinwood Way
Water and light snacks will be available for community members. Per state and county health guidance for “Places to Cool,” all community members who step inside these designated EHSD locations must wear face coverings to help protect the health and safety of all visitors.
TIPS TO PREVENT heat-related symptoms
- Drink water. Sip all day; do not wait until you are thirsty.
- Do not leave children or pets in vehicles.
- Limit physical activity and wear a hat outside, preferably with a wide brim.
- Keep shades drawn, and blinds closed, but windows should be slightly open.
- Open windows to cooling breezes in the evening.
You can also go to locations in the Bay Area with cooler temperatures or other locations with air conditioning. If you plan to visit the beach, exercise caution as there may be riptides.
High temperatures can cause serious health problems. See Contra Costa Health Services information on Heat and Your Health.