Concord Jazz Festival 2022 returns in August
CONCORD, CA (July 9, 2022) — The curtain is ready to rise on this year’s Concord Jazz Festival with 5 days of jazz-inspired events. Perfect for any music enthusiast.
Dubbed “Take Five” in honor of Concord native Dave Brubeck, the annual event has become a must-attend for locals. The shows bring visitors from all over as well.
The festival has seen some musical greats in years past. Jazz luminaries such as Dave Koz, Chick Corea, The Legendary Count Basie Orchestra, and Esperanza Spalding have performed.
This year the festival runs from Aug. 3 and wraps up with Java and Jazz on Aug. 7.
- August 3: Jinx Jones kicks off the festival with a FREE show at The Veranda as part of The Veranda Unplugged Showtime is 6:30pm to 8pm.
- August 4: Catch Carlos Reyes for a FREE show at Todos Santos Music & Market Series from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- August 5: Glib Rig performs at Jazz Night at the Concord Tap House, 5pm to 7pm. The show is FREE and features special guest KJ Focus.
- August 6: The sounds of jazz will fill Downtown Concord during Jazz in the Park, 1pm to 4pm in Todos Santos Plaza featuring performances by Chaz Gunter and special guest Howard Wiley. This show is FREE.
- August 7: Java & Jazz returns with Stratify and special guest KJ Focus. This final day of the festival takes place at the Concord Museum and Event Center from 11am to 2pm. There is a $15 fee and includes a collectible cup and unlimited pours of iced coffee and iced tea (while supplies last). Proceeds benefit the Concord Historic Society.
A full calendar of all events including registration links for each is HERE.
The summer of 69
Concord has had a long and passionate bond with jazz. The first Jazz in the Park Festival happened in 1969, with over 17,000 in attendance. The event was held in an undeveloped 8-acre field next to Concord High School, now known as Dave Brubeck Park. That first festival was the inspiration of jazz devotee and local businessman, Carl Jefferson, with support from the City of Concord. The festival’s success established a jazz influence in Concord and led to the start of Concord Jazz Records and the building of the Concord Pavilion.
Those from outside the area can book a stay at one of the many choices of Concord Hotels.
Thanks to Concord Jazz Festival Sponsors: 101.7 KKIQ, County Connection, Mobility Matters, and The New Health Chiropractor Center