The City of Concord is proud to partner with Rising Sun Center for Opportunity to help Concord residents conserve resources, address economic inequality, and foster a sustainable world by working to address the triple bottom line – people, planet, and pathways. Local nonprofit Rising Sun does this by providing “earn-and-learn” opportunities for local youth ages 15-22 who provide no-cost Green House Calls to single-family residences throughout the community.
During one Green House Call appointment, a resident may receive, at no cost:
- A home energy and water efficiency assessment;
- Installation of efficient LED light bulbs, showerheads, and faucet aerators;
- Installation of Advanced Power Strip* (approx. $50 value);
- Toilet leak detection test; and
- Information about BayREN’s (Bay Area Regional Energy Network) Home+ program that offers up to $5,000 in financial assistance and cash rebates for home energy improvements.
Residents are encouraged to sign up for a no-cost Green House Call and be part of a true win-win-win situation: a win for the youth who gain valuable work experience, a win for the resident who saves money, and a win for the environment which benefits from reduced greenhouse gas emissions. Appointments are available from July 2 through August 9, 2019. The program is eligible to single-family residences and two- to four-plexes.
To inquire about job opportunities or to sign up for a Green House Call, please call (510) 665-1501 ext. 300 or visit Rising Sun’s website at www.risingsunopp.org/programs/ghc.