The ninth annual Scare Away Hunger event returns to Concord High and in the surrounding communities on Halloween night from 6-8:30 p.m. Over 120 students “trick or treat” for canned food and monetary donations for the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano County. Last year they collected over 15,000 pounds of food and $2292.
Since the school’s Scare Away Hunger program began it has collected 99,000 pounds of food and over $20,600. Each dollar collected represents about 3 pounds of food. Marathon Petroleum sponsors CHS and the Food Bank every year, matching dollar for dollar any monies collected during the drive up to $5000. And pays for any expenses of the drive.
Donations prior to Halloween night may be dropped off in the Concord High main office beginning on Oct. 22 or they can be brought to the school on Halloween night between 6-8:30 p.m.
Concord High School is located at 4200 Concord Blvd., Concord, CA 94521. For more information, call the school at (925)-687-2030.
- CVCHS renewal decision coming before year’s end
- Information Days, Open Houses Scheduled for 2020-21 school year
- Learn about latest by-trustee area draft maps and new draft election sequencing plans
- Request period for MDUSD intradistrict transfers opens Oct. 15
- MDUSD Community Speaker Series opens Oct. 23 with wellness & nutrition seminar