Visit Concord honored the four recipients of its Hospitality and Tourism Awards at the second annual Concord Tourism Breakfast last month at the Concord Historical Society Museum. (Winners in bold)
Tourism Advocate – Individual: The award recognizes a person whose efforts or activities have contributed at a high level, through their individual efforts, to the promotion of travel and tourism in Concord.
- Jay Bedecarré, Bay Area Festivals
- Erin Schalley, Epidemic Ales
- Tina Segrove, MDUSD Foundation
Tourism Advocate – Business/ Amenity: The award recognizes a business (for-profit or non-profit), attraction or restaurant/retail amenity who has gone above and beyond to promote the message of Concord as a tourism destination and assisted in creating an excellent impression for visitor arrivals into Concord.
- Shop the Veranda
- Buchanan Airport
- Brewing Network/Hop Grenade
Staff Hospitality: The award recognizes an individual in the hospitality industry who has gone above and beyond to promote the message of Concord as a tourism destination and assisted in creating an excellent impression for visitor arrivals into Concord.
- Grady Jean, Hilton Concord
- Paul Kimura, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
- Kerri Harris-Gay, Clarion Hotel of Concord
Brubeck Enrichment Award: The award recognizes an individual dedicated to the enrichment of Concord.
- Carol Longshore, Concord Museum & Event Center and Concord Historical Society
- Catherine Hensiek, Concord Art Association
- JanLee Marshall, B8 Theater
Visit Concord is the brand identity of the Concord Tourism Improvement District (TID) Agency located in San Francisco’s East Bay. To find out more, or to sign up for their newsletter or to get a copy of their Destination Guide book for Concord, go to VisitConcordCA.com